Pottsville Beach is an iconic seaside town located approximately 30km south of the Gold Coast in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. Pottsville is approximately 9 square kilometres in size and is home to 5800 residents (approx.). The quiet coastal town is characterised by its excellent beaches, pristine Mooball Creek and true beach village lifestyle. This has created a thriving holiday destination as well as a lovely place for many to call “home”.
Pottsville Beach stretches from Hastings Point (2km North) to Brunswick Heads (16km South). This unspoilt expanse of coastline is well known by locals for its fishing, world-class surf and scenic amenities. During summer months, caravans and tents line the banks of the clear, calm waters of the creek. A paradise for children! You can kayak or canoe upstream for miles, eventually emerging from the tree cover to be greeted with a stunning view of Wollumbin Mt Warning.
The local village includes an array of cafés(with excellent coffee!), restaurants, boutiques, medical and dental clinic, a large IGA, essential stores (pharmacy ect.) and of course the Pottsville Tavern and Pottsville Beach Sports Club. Whether you are looking for a casual afternoon beer at the local Tavern and some takeaway bites, or a unique dining experience at Izakaya Potts (our FAVORITE Japanese), Pottsville provides!
For golf enthusiasts there is a picturesque nine-hole golf club just a short drive out towards Mooball. Close by is also one of Tweed Coast’s best kept secrets – the Tweed Bicentennial Leisure Gardens. Stretching over 54 hectares between the two arms of Cudgera Creek, the reserve protects areas of mangroves, eucalypts and remnant rainforest. It is networked with walking tracks and boardwalks leading to viewing platforms by the creek and is a haven for bird and wildlife watchers. Facilities here include free electric barbeques and picnic tables.
Visit Pottsville on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month for the popular Beach Markets where you can purchase farm fresh produce, plants, homemade treats, art/craft, clothing jewellery and much more. It’s fun for all ages with live music and amusements for the kids.
Gold Coast is a 25-minute drive heading north, or 30 minutes south takes you to Byron Bay. Mt Warning is approximately 30 minutes west with the famous climb. Some other great daytrips include a drive to Harvest Cafe in Newrybar, a visit to the FARM in Byron Bay or a drive to some of the amazing waterfalls found in the coastal hinterland!
Tweed Coast Growth
The Tweed Coast is now considered a viable place for families to settle and a safe haven for investors:
- Vicinity to infrastructure – GC Airport, Shopping, Hospitals, Schools
- Patrolled Beach Areas and a safe community atmosphere
- Burgeoning cafe and restaurant culture
- Absence of high rise development
- Reasonable commute to Brisbane
- Strong holiday and permanent rental occupancy
Our favourite local spots
- Pipit Restuarant
- Corner Stop Espresso Bar
- Black Drop Cafe
- Izakaya Potts – Amazing Japanese!
- Pottsville Bake House
- Potty Mouth Pizza
- Tong’s Thai Restaurant
- Mis Amigos
- Pottsville Tavern
- Pottsville Beach Public School (distance 1.14km)
- Bogangar Public School (distance 6.07km)
- Crabbes Creek Public School (distance 10.6km)
- Burringbar Public School (distance 11.5km)
- Duranbah Public School (distance 11.8km)
- Kingscliff High School (distance 26km)
- St Ambrose Catholic School (distance 1.6km)
- Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School (distance 33km)
- St Joseph’s College (distance 29km)
- Pacific Coast Christian School (distance 31km)
- Pottsville Gumnuts Child Care Centre and Preschool (2.1)
- Pippies Early Childhood Centre
- Cabarita Beach Child Care services
- * All distances indicated are approximate only.
- Bupa Aged Care – Pottsville
- Health One Dementia Service Clinic
- Pottsville General Practice
- Central Pottsville Medical Center
- Pottsville Beach Dental
Suburb Statistics for Pottsville
Please click HERE for Pottsville Suburb profile