Cabarita Beach Area Profile
Cabarita Beach is a small seaside town located approximately 15km south of the Gold Coast in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. Cabarita is approximately 1 square kilometer in size and is home to 3000 residents. The village is set in a scenic area with high environmental value due to the protected wetlands and world-class surfing beaches surrounding Norries Headland. Limited development has enabled this small coastal village to maintain charm and flourish into one of the most highly sought after areas on the Tweed Coast!
Cabarita includes an array of cafés, restaurants, boutiques, medical and dental clinic, a large Woolworths shopping precinct including essential amenity stores, SLSC and of course ‘The Beach Hotel’ (Local Pub). Patrolled swimming area is located directly in front of ‘The Beach Hotel’. Cabarita Beach is furthermore complemented by the addition of Halcyon House – the Award Winning Luxury 5 Star Hotel. Whether you are looking for a casual afternoon beer at the local SLSC and some takeaway Sushi, or a refreshing cocktail & unique dining experience at the Award Winning Paper Daisy restaurant, Cabarita delivers!
There are various Picnic/Barbecue areas surrounding Norries Headland with uninterrupted ocean and hinterland views… whale-watching is a local pastime! If the kids feel like blowing off some steam, the local skate-park or the football fields are just a few hundred meters south of the Headland. You can also hire bikes from Cabarita Beach Cycles and take advantage of the cycle path that runs from Pottsville to Fingal Head. Cudgen Lake is another great option for a swim, kayak or canoe (No motors allowed – environmental protection zone).
Local Tip – Sunsets at Cudgen Lake during winter are spectacular!
Other tourist attractions include scuba trips to Cook Island, whale-watching tours, deep sea fishing charters and learn to surf schools. The annual Greenback Fishing competition is well known and attended.
Gold Coast is a 15-minute drive heading north, or 30 minutes south takes you to Byron Bay. Mt Warning is approximately 30 minutes west with the famous climb. Some other great daytrips include a drive to Harvest Cafe in Newrybar, a visit to the FARM in Byron Bay or a drive to some of the amazing waterfalls along our coastal hinterland.
Tweed Coast Growth
The Tweed Coast is now considered a viable place for families to settle and a safe haven for investors:
- Vicinity to infrastructure – GC Aiport, Shopping, Hospitals, Schools
- Patrolled Beach Areas and a safe community atmosphere
- Burgeoning cafe and restaurant culture
- Absence of high rise development
- Reasonable commute to Brisbane
- Strong holiday and permanent rental occupancy
Our favorite local spots
- Halcyon House and Paper Daisy Restaurant
- The Beach Hotel (Pub)
- Surf Lifesaving Club
- Pandanus Cafe
- Coastal Visions Cafe & Surf Art Gallery – next to Pub
- Izabu – Very good local Japanese
- The Stunned Mullett – great fish and chips
- Thai InFa Restaurant
- Fuel Bakehouse
- Kartel Espresso Bar
- Nectar Juice House
- Bogangar Public School (distance 2km)
- Cudgen Public School (distance 8km)
- Duranbah Public School (distance 13km)
- Kingscliff High School (distance 10km)
- Pottsville Beach Public School (distance 7km)
- St Ambrose Catholic School (distance 6.8km)
- St Anthony’s Primary School (distance 8.3km)
- Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School (distance 23km)
- St James Primary School (distance 14km)
- St Joseph’s College (distance 14km)
- Pacific Coast Christian School (distance 15.9km)
- Mt St Patrick Primary School (distance 17.1km)
- Pippies Early Childhood Centre
- Cabarita Beach Child Care services
- * All distances indicated are approximate only.
Suburb Statistics for Cabarita Beach / Bogangar
Please click HERE for Bogangar Suburb Profile